Alicante Tapas Tour
Although many visitors tend to stick to food they're familiar with during a Spanish holiday, for a true taste of Mediterranean cooking an Alicante tapas tour offers the chance to try a variety of these delicious little dishes with the expert advise of a local tour guide. A lot of locals and expats living in Alicante who enjoy a drink or two in the evening can actually have a free meal every night by visiting a couple of their favourite tapas bars where you are served a tapas with your drink order, and if you are having a few drinks that adds up to a full meal.
The reason I mention locals and expats is because they know the bars that serve authentic free tapas, whereas most holidaymakers stick to the bars in the popular tourist areas where you are usually charged for tapas that any discerning Spaniard wouldn't even dream of eating. Mandarina Blue Tours are a well established company offering a number of fun and interesting tours including their very popular Alicante tapas tour.
The tour takes in a number of different streets where your guide will point out places of interest and local shops as you move from bar to bar. In each bar you are offered tapas along with your drink and your guide will explain the different ingredients. Tapas bars are very relaxed, even when busy and there is no reason to dress up for your tour.
- Pickup Point – Outside McDonald's on Paseo de la Explanada
- Tour Times – 11:00 & 17:00
- Duration – 3 to 4 hours
- What's Included – Tour guide, 3 tapas and 3 drinks in 3 different bars
- Not Included – Any other food or drink ordered in the bars
- Group Size – Minimum of 10 persons
- Handy Hint – Wear comfortable shoes and bring along water, especially for the afternoon tour